DIRECTOR OF MANUFACTURING
NORWOOD, MA 02062
Responsibilities of the Director of Manufacturing:
-Directs, drives and manages plant operations for production with a focus on operating efficiency and production.
-Implements, leads and supports a lean manufacturing culture that aligns to the annual business plan.
-Directs and mentors staff to ensure manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
-Collaborates closely with R&D and marketing to develop products that both win in the market place, as well as deliver profit to the business.
- Maintains an engaged and team-oriented workforce to meet business demands.
- Works closely with supply chain team in short and long-term production scheduling.
- Directs the maintenance department to ensure effective plant facilities and equipment; replaces, or adjusts plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Develops, owns, and executes department budgets.
- Creates the manufacturing structure that will control and minimize labor and overtime expenses in operations and maintenance.
- Drives cost effective systems of control over operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries
-Ensures compliance with Company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
-Tracks progress of yields, labor, and all related expenses. Uses metrics or develops metrics to drive data driven decision making.
-Possesses strong communication skills, both verbal and written. This leader must ensure the plant personnel feel engaged and that there is open and clear on-going communication.
-Oversees cultural change initiatives and continually seeks improvement of competitive edge of the plant operations
-Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, Industrial Engineering, Business or related field
-Minimum 10 years in meat-processing manufacturing experience
- Manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures
-Past successful experience as a Maintenance and/or Operations Manager preferred
-Solid understanding of OSHA, USDA and food safety regulations.
-Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
-High level of organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
-Strong interpersonal, technical skills.
-Demonstrated success in assessing, developing, and retaining top talent.
-Proven ability to drive process improvements, adhere to budgets, and maintain regulatory compliance.
-Ability to handle conflict and display excellent diplomacy skills in handling situations which can be disruptive to the organization s business development.
-Must be able to travel 10% of the time and work nights & weekends as needed.
- Bi-lingual, preferred (English & Portuguese or English & Spanish).
Salary for the Director of Manufacturing is up to $155, 000
*Willing to pay relocation expenses*
Benefits: We recognize people as our most valuable asset. We have one of the most competitive benefit packages in the industry. Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Time.
It is the policy of The Alpha Group, Inc. To recruit, hire, train, compensate, promote, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.